Hey there, my lovelies!
Now that the end of the year is approaching fast I thought it might be good to take a closer look at my achievements of 2019. As it seems this is becoming some sort of tradition because last year I did the same thing and it really helped me to go into the next year. It’s always good to remember and to celebrate what we achieved and it certainly gives you a positive outlook into the next year! 🙂
2019 definitely wasn’t any easier than 2018 but either my attitude changed or I’ve already been hit by way too many things to bother any longer. *lol* Maybe it’s both! Idk. I guess you might say I got used to be given lemons and by now I make the best lemonade ever. Haha! Or if you see it in a negative light: I became accustomed to sorrow. *lol* We’re not negative here though so I’ll go with the tasty lemonade theory instead! 😛
This said I’m heading right to my (for me) awesome achievements and the many good things that happened to me in 2019:
– I’ve been blogging for an entire year now and even though I was sceptical at first I still managed to to run my blog. I don’t even know how I did it but I guess the WordPress option to plan blog posts ahead kind of saved my
blogging life. XD I swear, I really wouldn’t know what to do without that one! Let’s hope WordPress never changes this feature. Haha!
– And if we’re already talking about blog posts I might add that I actually accomplished to write 2 blog posts a week, which is a lot if you consider that my time to write is kind of limited. 😀
– Which brings me right to my next achievement and probably the biggest of them all: I went back to work in January and even though I was away from it for 2 1/2 years I still managed to get back into the swing of things. With a little child that just started to go to kindergarten and got every possible illness you can think of it certainly wasn’t easy to cope with everything. For some reason we actually survived that year though. *lol* Believe me when I say that no one is more surprised about that than I am. 😛 Still, to commute 3 hours a day and to be at work 20 hours a week kind of took its toll on me. I think I never was ill as often as the last year and I definitely don’t want to continue in the same vein in 2020.
– Despite everything I still managed to read 77 books this year and exceeded my own expectations. The count is still going so I might even manage to reach 80 before the year is finally over. Considering I only wanted to reach 40 this is more than just a little amazing! ❤ (And hey I even managed to read 17 books of My Book List 2019 and if I’m good it might even turn out to be 22 by the end of 2019!!!)
– I invented a blog meme and a discussion post and I’m working hard on keeping them running. *lol* I’m pretty good with „Hugs’n’kisses OR Dismissed by the Missus/Messrs“ but I definitely will have to put more effort into „Fuss, Cuss & Discuss“. I already have so many topics I want to discuss with you, I just need to make more time and room to write about them. But I’ll eventually get there, I promise! 😉
– I once again continued to write! Which sounds pretty lame but I just love to write and it’s very important to me. I need my poetry, rp-posts, reviews and blog post like I need air to breathe so I’m thankful when I have the time to indulge in it. XD
– Okay, this is getting very personal now but for me this was such a huge step so I need to write it down in here. I came out to my bestie (Not as a faerie, she already knows about that! *lol*) and she was so cool about it that I still can’t believe it actually happened. It was such a relief to tell her and I was so glad for her words and the acceptance she showed me. ❤ She even went to the „Rainbow Parade“ with me and this was just everything!!! I really have no words how much it means to me to finally have someone who supports me and accepts me for who I am and I think I wouldn’t be here writing this if it wouldn’t have been for her! ❤
– I hosted my first giveaway and it was so much fun! I’ll definitely make one in 2020 too and hopefully will combine it with my 250 followers post! (You can always dream, right? *lol*)
– I found the „follow“ button on goodreads and enabled the function which led to me having a ton of followers. *lol* I’m still in awe of the number and I’m so glad that so many people decided to follow my blog on here too. You guys are AMAZING and made of AWESOME SAUCE and I’ll never get tired of mentioning it!!! XD So be prepared to hear it every once in a while! *lol* 😛 But honestly, I’m just thankful you seem to like what I write and I’m aware that I’m very blessed to have you as my friends! ❤
– I went to the Frankfurt Book Fair 2019 with my bestie and for two days I was in book heaven! XD I got to know so many authors and I’m still trying to recover from the massive overload of everything I saw and heard. This fair was just HUGE and no matter how hard we tried, we didn’t even get to see all of it. XD
So anyway enough of me! Since it’s the 25th I also wanted to use this chance to wish you a Merry Christmas!!! I hope you’ll have a wonderful and lovely time with your family and friends and that Santa is nice and will bring tons of books your way! 😉
AND I wanted to ask if you’d be so kind and write down the things you enjoy to read on my blog. 🙂 I’m constantly working on new ideas to improve it and I noticed that there’s content you seem to like more than the rest. *lol* I just want to make sure that the things and topics I write about are still interesting for you and if there are things you’d like to read about that I didn’t even consider yet. 😉
Thank you in advance and thank you for reading through all of this! If you got this far you definitely deserve a medal! Or probably even an award! *lol*
The Sassy Library Fox