Hey there, my lovelies!
Soon a new year is about to start and since it’s basically a tradition now I thought it would be good to take a closer look at my achievements of 2021. It’s always nice to take a closer look at what I wanted to achieve at the beginning of the year and what I actually achieved during it. I’m pretty certain most of my goals went right out of the window once again because Covid-19 still kept us busy and the stress I had at work got me into a big reading slump that lasted for almost 6 months. >_< But maybe, just maybe, I actually managed to reach at least some of my goals? XD Anyway, let’s find out and compare notes so I can go right into the next year with a super clean slate. Also it’s always good to remember and to celebrate what we achieved, especially in 2021. I need a positive outlook into the next year, because I’m sure it will be better! ;-P (It just has to be!!!)
This said 2021 was: Horrible! *lol* To sum it up with just one word. I swear 2021 cost me quite a lot of nerves and produced a couple of new grey hairs and I realized a lot of things about myself and my life. The only person who can change anything about it is me though so I’m determined to make some changes. I want to be happy again and I realized that there were a lot of things that made me unhappy last year. Due to that it feels like I haven’t been happy for a long time and I think I deserve to be happy. We all do! So 2022 here I come! Things will change because they need to!
So without further ado let’s go right to the awesome achievements and the good things that happened to me in 2021:
– I recently celebrated my third year of blogging and it’s been one hell of a freaky ride so far! *lol* I love to have my personal space in that huge place we call the internet and l’m very glad I managed to keep my baby alive. I need my blog because I can be creative on here and because I can be myself. =) To have a space to call your own is amazing and I really want to be more active once again. In 2021 it felt like I was stumbling from one blog post to the next and I don’t want to do that anymore. I want to plan ahead and give you the content you deserve. So I’ll do better next year. I promise!
– Despite my struggle to keep my blog running I still managed to be somewhat consistent and continued to write 2 blog posts a week. And yes, that IS an achievement. Some weeks (when I did a TTT topic) I even accomplished to post thrice and I’m glad I was able to be a part of the blogging community. I didn’t do a lot of blog hopping due to time issues but I definitely want to do more of it next year. Your posts deserve to be read and I’m sorry I was such a bad friend.
– I managed not to get another gastritis!? *lol* Yes, that’s actually an achievement for me. Work and life in general had me so stressed out that I almost got one before Christmas. (Which would have sucked because all that good food!!! XD) Considering the impossibility of going for a healthy diet it’s no surprise my stomach revolted though. I mean I commute to work 4 days a week and get up at 5 a.m., I can’t eat in the train because FFP2 masks, so I only eat breakfast at work and once I get home after picking my kid up from kindergarten. Which is about 3:30 p.m. So one goal for 2022 is definitely to eat healthy and to take more care of myself.
– I read 57 books in 2021 (so far, I still have a couple of days left ;-P ) and was able to finish my goodreads challenge. I initially set it on 45 books and despite my horrible reading slump I still managed to exceed it. I count that as a big achievement but I still hope that I’ll be able to read more next year. *lol* I don’t feel like myself when I’m not reading. XD
– I went for the second round of my own tag – The LGBTQ+ Rep Book Tag (Original!) and I did my SASSY Saturday blog meme each and every single month! I just love to do that one because it’s nice to talk about other things than books every once in a while! It’s always good to talk about things that excite you. 😉
– I continued to write! I might not have gone for a lot of rp-posts (I’m so sorry!! T_T ) but I still wrote reviews and poetry. And I even started to write the prologue for a book idea that has been spinning in my head for months. I don’t know if I’ll ever finish this story, but I definitely want to try! Maybe it will become a book one day… who knows? XD
– The publishing house Simon & Schuster asked me if they could use a quote of my review of „Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe“ for their mailing box to promote the second book. Which was such an honour! Of course I said YES immediately! Naive me only asked to see a picture of the finished product but the publisher asked me for my address and even sent the entire box my way! Including book one and two!! If you ever wanted to see me freak out you can watch my Unboxing video here: ARC Unboxing – Aristotle and Dante Dive into the Waters of the World! I’m still so happy about this I could cry! T_T
– I finally had the guts to start my own BookTube Channel and Instagram! (thesassylibraryfox3) And it’s going great! =)) I never thought I’d have so much fun creating my own video content and to edit it but I do?! It’s one of the few things that actually brought me a lot of joy in 2021 and I definitely want to continue with it. I hope even more people will join me on this freaky ride because I’m having the time of my life on BookTube! *lol* ❤ As for Instagram. So far I only posted my photography on there but I think I might go for a couple of Bookstagram pictures too. I want it to be a mixture of life, photography, Bookstagram and whatever else I can think of. I don’t want to commit myself to just one thing because I’m too multifaceted for that. XD Do what you want with that statement. *lol*
– I reached the glorious number of 400 followers on my blog and I couldn’t be more happy. I’m so thankful for all your support and for everyone who still bothers to read my blog posts. You have no idea how much this means to me! Also, hello and welcome to everyone who clicked that follow button! I’m glad you became part of my „kits“ and I promise I’ll try my best to keep it interesting. 😀
– I joined NetGalley in 2020 and in 2021 I actually managed to get approved for some of the ARCs I requested! XD I know that might sound like a small achievement but believe me for an international book blogger and BookTuber it’s not. So there’s that! 😉
My bookish New Year’s resolutions for 2021 vs. what actually happened and what is hopefully going to happen in 2022:
– Don’t read more than 5 books at the same time! (Well, I think it’s safe to say that I failed terribly at following this rule. Most of the time I had 7 books on my „currently read“, because stupid me thought that to have a big variety would get me out of my reading slump. Haha! I couldn’t have been more wrong. Kits, whatever you do, don’t start to read a gazillion books when you’re already in a slump. It won’t help. Lesson learned. Let’s move on. XD)
– Don’t add more than 275 books to my TBR pile. (Okay, I’m such a fail! *lol* There are 296 books on my TBR right now. And I didn’t just fail to get the number down to 275 I also added a lot of books to it so no wonder I failed! >_< I think for 2022 I’ll just try to get it down to 290? Is that a realistic goal? Yep, I think I can do that. =)
– Read the books I already own!! (Actually I was pretty good at that one. I read almost all of the physical copies on my shelves and there aren’t a lot of books left I haven’t read. As for my e-reader… umm yeah… that’s an entirely different story for another day. ;-P )
– Don’t borrow more than 15 books at the same time from my library! Never change a running system! XD I was right to keep to this number because at the moment it are 16! And this even though there was a lockdown and I was tempted to borrow more books than usual. Let’s keep that number for 2022 as well.
– Stick to My Book List 2021 and finish My Book List 2020 & My Book List 2019! Umm yeah… I can only repeat myself here: This wasn’t happening. At all! XD Like seriously, what did I even think? Haha! I still didn’t manage to finish My Book List 2019 and didn’t even get close to finishing my 2020 list, let alone to finish My Book List 2021. >_< Still, I know 2022 is going to be the year in which I finally finish my 2019 list! I know I can do it! I got this! I repeat, I got this! *lol* (Or I’m just delul. Haha!)
– I voved improvement and said I would continue with my „Hugs’n’kisses OR Dismissed by the Missus/Messrs blog meme but that didn’t really happen. I think I only did it twice? Why am I like that? T_T *lol* No wonder my TBR grew again! In my defence I was super consistent with my SASSY Saturday though! I did one every month and it was fun to talk about other things than books as well. So for 2022 I’ll definitely keep it and will try to throw in a couple of „Hugs’n’Kisses“ posts too. Wish me luck! I’ll need it. Haha!
– I said I’d try to create more of my own book tags and …. I didn’t. *lol* I went for volume two of my The LGBTQ+ Rep Book Tag (Original!) though and it was fun to see how many new LGBTQ+ books I read during just a year. Still, I’ve a lot of ideas for new tags and I hope I’ll be able to create some of them in 2022. I just need time. Ha! Don’t we all? T_T (My original BTS Book Tag is going to happen no matter what though! I just need to do that one! It’s been on my mind for ages. 😀 )
– Get 400 followers on my blog! Okay my current number is 465 and I have no idea how that happened but obviously I reached that goal? Not that I’m going to complain! *lol* Quite the contrary! Thank you for joining me on this fun ride! To all of you who wondered if I fainted when I reached my goal of 400: The answer to that would be „yes!“. For me to reach 400 followers is such a milestone becaue when I started with my blog every blogger that had more than 400 followers was my heroine/hero and I was in awe of such a huge following. (Tbh I still am. I mean woah there are 465 of you out there reading my blog posts… T_T) Let’s not think too much about it or I’m gonna cry for real. I think in 2022 I want to make it to 500. I know it might be impertinent to hope for even more, but I’m a very driven person and you always should have a goal in life.
– Reorganize my physical bookshelves. I did that! YESH! Finally something I did! Haha! Something tells me I might have to reorganize it soon though. There are a couple of books I want to get rid off and others I want to add, plus I think I could use even more space in my shelves if I pile books on top? Ohh this is going to be fun. *lol*
– Start an Instagram and make a short video. Haha! OMG! I think I kinda exceeded my own expectations on that one. XD I created my own Instagram account (thesassylibaryfox3) in December (At least I think it was only a couple of weeks ago?! TMI: I joined the day BTS joined with their private accounts. *lol*) and I started my own BookTube channel in February 2021. So umm yep, that was definitely more than I ever expected to go for. Haha! If you have Instagram or BookTube let me know! I’d love to follow your acounts! 😉
– Relocate some of my longer reviews from goodreads to my blog. I definitely did that! Every time I went for a TTT blog post I posted thrice a week and got another one of my old reviews on my blog. So I guess we can put a checkmark on this. And because I wrote so many reviews I’ll continue to transfer them to my blog in 2022.
– I hoped to go for a reading theme in 2022 but considering the current Covid situation I doubt I’ll go for one. I just want to read the books I want to read and follow my instincts. I WILL host a Readalong on my BookTube, Blog and Instagram though so watch out for that one! The more the merrier! ;-P
So if you read all this you get a medal from me! ;-P I know this was super long so I’m very thankful if you actually read this post until now! 2021 felt like it was over in the blink of an eye and it was pobably one of the fastes years ever. At least for me it felt that way. XD How was your 2021? Did you follow your TBR or did you become a mood reader? Which goals did you set yourself and were you able to accomplish them? What got you through this second year of the pandemic? (Not gonna lie. My formular to get through 2021 consisted of watching k-dramas on Netflix, listening to and watching BTS dance, lots of Netflix & Chill ice cream when I had an especially bad day *lol*, reading and dancing my heart out whenever I could and of talking with my besties for hours.) How did you cope with 2021?
Talk to me and let me know!
And as always try to stay healthy and safe!