Hey there, my lovelies!
A new year just started and I thought it might be a good chance to take a closer look at my achievements of 2020. Once again this seems to have become a tradition and it’s always nice to take a closer look at what I wanted to achieve at the beginning of the year. I’m pretty certain most of my goals went right out of the window after Covid-19 hit us but maybe, just maybe, I actually managed to reach some of them? *lol* Anyway, let’s find out and compare notes so I can go right into the next year with a super clean slate. Also it’s always good to remember and to celebrate what we achieved, especially in 2020. I need a positive outlook into the next year, because I’m sure it will be better! ;-P
This said 2020 was one hell of a year and it cost me quite a lot of nerves and produced one or another grey hair. XD I won’t go into detail here because most of you already know about everything that’s been going on but let’s just say I’m glad 2020 is over! *lol* There, I’m being positive already! ;-P
So without further ado let’s go right to the awesome achievements and the good things that happened to me in 2020:
– I recently celebrated my second year of blogging and it’s been a wild ride for sure! *lol* I just love to have my little corner in the internet and even though it’s small in comparison to bigger blogs it’s still my baby and I’m so glad I can be creative and totally myself on here. =) To have a space to call your own is amazing and right now my blog is exactly where I want it to be. XD
– I managed to be consistent and continued to write 2 blog posts a week. Some weeks (when I did a TTT topic) I even accomplished to post thrice. 😉 For me that was a huge step and commitment so I’m really proud of going through with it!
– I somewhat managed to live more healthy than I did last year or at least I wasn’t ill as often as I was in 2019. I guess lots of lockdowns (we’re currently in the third) and partly working from home might have helped in that regard. *lol* Still, work was very demanding this year and I continued to commute to Vienna twice a week and even increased my working hours. In fact I learned lots of new things, swapped into another team and had to reorganize my entire working life. This by itself is actually a huge accomplishment now that I think about it. XD
– Despite everything I still managed to read 91 books this year and exceeded my own expectations! Considering I initially only wanted to reach 42 this is more than just awesome! ❤ (I’m such a mood reader though and only managed to read 13 books of My Book List 2020. That’s okay though, 2020 was way different than I expected it to be and it’s always better to follow your reading instincts than to fight through a book list you don’t feel like reading. And hey, the good news is that I almost finished My Book List 2019. *lol*)
– I invented not only my own tag – The LGBTQ+ Rep Book Tag (Original!) – but also a monthly blog meme called SASSY Saturday and I’m so glad some people actually do/did them! XD I put a lot of effort into those two and it’s so nice to see that other bloggers enjoy to do them too! I’m still trying to continue with my discussion post Fuss, Cuss & Discuss and even though I didn’t do it for quite a while Hugs’n’kisses OR Dismissed by the Missus/Messrs is still a thing! I focused a lot on writing reviews this year and I’m still working on finding a balance. So I’ll hopefully come up with a plan in 2021. 😉
– I continued to write! I know, I’ve been doing that for years but 2020 really made me creative and I didn’t only create my own blog tags or memes but I also wrote a lot of poetry, rp-posts and reviews. I just love to write and as long as I can do it I’ll be happy! 😀
– I was asked by an author if he could use a quote from my review in his „Praise for ….“ section for the next edition of his book and …. OF COURSE I SAID YES!!! *lol* I mean that’s such an honour and I can’t believe he actually wants to quote me in his book! XD I’m still kind of blown away by that tbh!
– I finally had the guts to change my „About Me“ section and I love that it shows me exactly the way I am! No hiding behind anonymous pics any longer. What you see and read is what you get. 😉 For me this was a huge step because even though we live in the 21st century not everyone is accepting and of course we all want to be accepted the way we are. I’ve reached a point in my life where it’s more important to be at peace with myself than to please others or to live up to their expectations though, so here I am: Out and proud! And it’s liberating! XD Also just in case you didn’t notice: I have two different signatures now. V.Ronan is for the boy days and Virginia for the girl ones. 😉
– I hosted my second giveaway and had a lot of fun compiling the parcels! 😀 And I reached the glorious number of 350 followers just a couple of weeks ago. I think at the beginning of 2020 I wanted to reach 250 so umm yeah that certainly exceeded all of my dreams and expectations! *lol* Hello and welcome to everyone who clicked that follow button btw! ❤
– For some inexplicable reason I managed to make it into the Goodreads „Best Reviewers of All Time Global list“ and I’m still kind of stunned. I never expected to ever land on this list and the fact I actually did is… astonishing? XD I’m still speechless and if you know me, you know that I’m NEVER speechless. *lol* I’m very grateful people voted me on that list and I’ll try my best to live up to their expectations. 😀 So thank you to everyone who reads and likes my reviews, it means the world to me! ❤ (I know I said that already but I really MEAN it! Without your support I would have never gotten that far!)
My bookish New Year’s resolutions for 2020 vs. what actually happened and what is hopefully going to happen in 2021:
– Don’t read more than 5 books at the same time! (Well, mostly I actually followed that rule. *lol* Not always, there were times I read 7 books at the same time, but in general this rarely happened so I’m pretty confident I’ll be able to continue in that vein in 2021. 😉 )
– Don’t add more than 290 books to my TBR pile. It are 295 at the moment. I failed! NUUU!! XD Joking aside I did well though. I remember years in which I had 310 books on my TBR so considering it all it’s not that bad. As always I still want to get the number down to at least 275 though. Let’s hope I’ll reach that goal in 2021. (I’ll just have to kick myself in my behind and do more „Hugs’n’Kisses“ posts again. ;-P)
– Read the books I already own!! (Now that’s finally something I accomplished and I can pat myself on my shoulder. *lol* I read a lot of e-books that were on my e-reader and I read even more that were in my shelves so there’s that!)
– Don’t borrow more than 15 books at the same time from my library! At the moment it are 16 and there were times it were only 13 so I think I finally managed to follow through with this goal! XD Sure once or twice it were 21 but I didn’t use the max of 25 and that’s some big accomplishments for me! 😉 I think for 2021 I’ll go with those 15 again! Looks like it worked and we all know: Never change a running system! *lol*
– Stick to My Book List 2020 and finish My Book List 2019! Umm yeah… this wasn’t happening. At all! XD Like seriously, what did I even think? Haha! I kind of managed to almost finish my Book List 2019 (I’m so going to finish it in 2021) and didn’t even get close to finishing my 2020 list. >_< Still, I learned from my mistakes and put a lot of books I know I’ll read on my 2021 list so let’s see if this plan works out. *crosses fingers* (There are still 5 spots left, any recs from you?)
– I didn’t really continue with my „Hugs’n’kisses OR Dismissed by the Missus/Messrs blog meme but this was mostly due to me creating new blog memes and being way too much of a mood reader during 2020. I vow improvement. ;-P
– I might try to create an own book tag! (I actually did that! YAY! My The LGBTQ+ Rep Book Tag (Original!) was a lot of fun to do and I think I’ll continue to do it every year during pride month! XD I put so much effort into it, it needs to be used. *lol* Also I’ve a lot of ideas for new tags and I hope I’ll be able to create some of them in 2021.)
– Get 250 followers on my blog! With a current number of 375 I think we can all agree that I reached that goal? XD I have no idea how but, I did it and I’m certainly not going to complain! *lol* Quite the contrary! Thank you for joining me on this fun ride! 😉 I think in 2021 I want to make it to 400. For me that’s such a milestone, Quite honestly I’ll probably faint if I actually reach that goal. ❤
– Reorganize my physical bookshelves. I did that! YESH! Also I’ve a nice LGBTQ+ section now and it is such a pleasure to look at it! ❤ I might have to reorganize my book shelf soon though. I just got too many books. 😉
– Start an Instagram? Make a short video? Instagram didn’t let me create an account (why not, Instagram??!) and I still didn’t make a video. I have no idea if I’ll ever do it. Depends if you guys actually want me to do one or not, I guess. XD
– Relocate some of my longer reviews from goodreads to my blog. I definitely did that! 😀 I managed to get a lot of my older reviews on my blog so I’m really happy this worked out! Especially with the GR wordlimit getting less and less each year. I have to save them before they are gone!! AHHH! *lol* I’ll try to continue to save some in 2021 as well. 🙂
– Go through with my „German speaking Authors Year“ Hahahahaha! I failed spectacularly at that one! >_< But in my defence: 2020 so didn’t turn out the way I thought it would and mood reading was the only thing that kept me reading so I can’t feel bad about not going through with it. With the sitation as it is right now and our third lockdown in place I won’t go for a special year theme in 2021 though. I wouldn’t be able to follow through with it so I better wait for 2022. Maybe the world will be back to normal by then. XD There’s always hope.
If you read all this you get a medal from me! ;-P I know this was long but it kind of reflects 2020. It felt like a long year but at the same time it also felt short. XD How was your 2020? Did you follow your TBR or did you become a mood reader too? Which goals did you set yourself and were you able to accomplish them? What got you through this pandemic year? (Not gonna lie. For me it was mostly watching cute Netflix movies or series, listening to and watching BTS dance, and lots of Netflix & Chill ice cream when I had an especially bad day *lol* and of course reading.) How did you cope with 2020?
Talk to me and let me know!
And as always try to stay healthy and safe!
The Sassy Library Fox