Hey there, my lovelies!
What the hell is a „German speaking Authors Year“ might have been the first question that popped into your mind when you saw my banner. And I can totally understand it. *lol* Well, I guess you want an explanation now, am I right? 😉
So here it goes: I recently had a chat with a German reviewer and we realized that even though there are many great German authors that sold plenty of books most of them are still vastly underrated and never get the attention they deserve. Some books of them are even translated into 15 different languages, yet they are barely known in other countries.
So I thought, why not dedicate an entire year to find those hidden gems and to bring them to your attention? Maybe some of you might even want to join me and discover some great books as well?! You never know! XD
In order to keep some sort of system that won’t interfere with My Book List 2020 I decided to categorize my „German speaking Authors Year“ into quarterly challenges.
January – March: Romance & Science Fiction
April – June: Fantasy & Young Adult
July – September: Historical & Classics
October – December: Horror & Thriller
I’ll try to read as many books of German authors that fall into those genres (knowing me that will be quite a challenge…) and hopefully this will work out somehow. *lol* I’d love to see some of you join me but it’s also okay if you don’t and only live through me. 😛
If you actually decide to participate (which would be awesome btw!!) please make sure to link back to this post though. I’m a very curious person and I’d love to see which kind of books you choose! Who knows, I might even discover great new German authors I never even heard about. 😉
Anyway, if I read a German book and write a review about it I’ll make sure to use my banner. That way you’ll always know that it’s part of my challenge. Also if you resolve to join me, feel free to use my banner as well! The more the merrier! XD
This said, let’s head to the second topic of my post:
My bookish New Year’s resolutions for 2020:
– Don’t read more than 5 books at the same time! (Ha! Did you notice that it were 3 books last year? In 2019 I always ended up reading at least 5 – 7 books though, so I’m really trying to get a grip on that. *lol* Apparently the litte time I had left still didn’t keep me from reading way too many books at the same time… Still, if it are more than 5 books it takes me forever to finish them so I’ll really do my best to keep it at five!)
– Don’t add more than 290 books to my TBR pile. It are 287 at the moment, but I still want to get the number down to at least 275. Since I was off way worse last year (302) I actually almost managed to reach that 2019 goal.
– Read the books I already own!! (There are so many books on my bookshelves and on my e-reader and I finally NEED to read them!! >_< *giving myself the stink eye*)
– Don’t borrow more than 3 books from the library! Just kidding! *LOL* There’s no way I can only borrow 3 books from the library and I know it! Last year I even managed to exhaust the maximum of 25 books. *facepalm* Let’s say… not more than 15 at the same time? (and even that will be hell! XD)
– Stick to My Book List 2020 and finish My Book List 2019! This is going to be fun! *lol* (Me being sarcastic? No way! 😛 )
– I want to continue with my blog meme „Hugs’n’kisses OR Dismissed by the Missus/Messrs! And I definitely want to write more discussion posts! XD I have so many ideas, I just have to find some time to write them down.
– I might try to create an own book tag. I have no idea in which direction it will go, but I feel very creative and 2020 might be the perfect year to get out of my comfort zone and to try new things. 😉 Now that my blog is somewhat established I feel ready for it.
– Get 250 followers on my blog. 😉 It could happen! Oh and I want to host another giveaway once I hit that number! I enjoyed doing the first one so much and I loved to prepare the parcel for the winner! It was so much fun and it made me so happy to send it away. 😀
– Reorganize my physical bookshelves. They need another makeover and my LGBTQ+ section became so huge that I’ve to think about how I want to arrange it. *lol*
– Start an Instagram? Make a short video? Or get more involved in other social media. I dunno! There are so many options and I have no idea where to begin. XD What do you say? I’m sure you guys have a lot more expertise than I do. 😉
– Relocate some of my longer reviews from goodreads to my blog. The word limit seems to become less and less and I’m worried about all those long reviews I wrote over the years. Maybe one day they’ll just delete them because they are too long and after all the effort I put into them I can’t let that happen. *lol* So over the next year there will be weeks I might post thrice in order to resettle them here.
– And last but not least: Go through with my „German Speaking Author’s Year“!!! 😀
So, enough about me!
What are YOUR New Year’s resolutions for 2020? Do you have a book list like me or are you a mood reader and decide spontaneously? Which book releases are you looking forward to? Are you going to re-read some of your favourite series?
Tell me and let me know! =)
The Sassy Library Fox