Hey there my lovelies!
I’m kind of behind on my tags and awards (yes, plural! You guys are so amazing for nominating me!!!) but I’m trying my best to catch up! 😛 Anyway! My lovely friend Sabrina @ Notes From A Paper Plane Nomad nominated me for this award and I humbly accept it! *lol* If you don’t know her page yet you should take a closer look! It’s amazing just like her! 😉
What’s the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
1. Which book/series have you re-read the most times?
That might sound kinda weird now but if I’m honest it are those two: Harry Potter and wait for it…. Captive Prince! *lol* I think HP appeals to the child in me and makes me nostalgic and Captive Prince is the adult in me that loves court machinations, complex and character driven books and touchy subjects. So you might say they both cater to different needs. 😛
2. Pick ONLY one: hardback, paperback, ebook or audio book!
Always and forever paperback! 😉 I just love to page through a book and my sticky notes come in handy when I read paperbacks.
3. Do you have any blog-related goals/plans for 2020?
Hell, yes! Where to start? *lol* I think my main goals/plans are those three though: 1.) Read the books on My Book List 2020! 2.) Go through with my German speaking Authors Year! 3.) Host my second giveaway! If I hit 250 followers you’re in for a treat! 😉
4. What book wasn’t as good the second time around?
„Throne of Glass“ and I really only mean the first book in the series! I reread it about a year ago and my rating dropped from 5 to 4 paws. I know that’s not much but it just wasn’t as exciting as the first time around and after reading the rest of the series it just couldn’t compete with all the other books! XD
5. What book was even BETTER the second time around?
Funnily enough it’s also a Sarah J. Maas book! *lol* I loved to reread A Court of Mist and Fury! It was so much fun and I noticed so many things I wasn’t aware of when I first read it! Plus all those characters! They gave me life and the feels! ❤
6. If you could swap places with any character who would it be and why?
Oh, wow! That’s a tough one! XD But I think I’d go for Ronan Lynch from The Raven Boys. I just love the friendships in this series and I’m madly and deeply in love with Adam Parrish so that definitely would have it’s perks. Plus, I’m basically Ronan so I wouldn’t have to change and could curse and be myself just like I’m used to. Haha! Also, I could dream things into existence, could have Chainsaw on my shoulder, would be able to visit Cabeswater… seriously what’s not to love?!!
7. What are your favourite books/authors that champion diversity?
Definitely Mackenzi Lee, Alice Oseman, Rainbow Rowell, Casey McQuiston, Leigh Bardugo and Roshani Chokshi! I would have loved to say Becky Albertalli too but unfortunately I always seem to have issues with her books. *lol*
8. What is the most important thing you look for in a book?
Elation! I want a book to sweep me off my feet and I want to feel the need to continue to read on. If a book manages to captivate me it’s always a good book. 🙂
9. Favourite indie (or lesser known) author/book?
Jim Butcher’s „Codex Alera“ series and since I just read it Kerstin Gier’s „Precious Stone Triology“. Also can I say how amazing „The Impossible Boy“ by Anna Martin was? ❤
10. What’s your favourite bookish trope?
I think that might be enemies to lovers! *lol* It never gets old and I love it when they don’t give each other an inch but then fall in love! Haha!
11. What is your favourite book from each genre?
Wow Sabrina! You definitely don’t make it easy for me. 😛 That’s a really tough one but I’ll try my best.
classic: The Picture of Dorian Gray
thriller: Angels & Demons
And that’s it! I can’t pick a favourite book from all the other genres because there are way too many amazing books! Don’t force me to pick! Please! *whimpers* *LOL*
- Miri @ The Book Dragoness
- Hamad @ The book prescription
- Elli @ AceReader
- Isabelle @ Nine Tale Vixen
- may @ My 1st chapter
- Lyn @ Nomadic Worlds
- Evelyn @ Evelyn reads
- Anna @ My Bookish Dream
- Jessica @ Reading with Jessica
- Jessi @ xobooksheaven
- Kelly @ Books On The Brain
- What’s your favourite hobby apart from reading?
- If you could live in just one bookish universe which one would it be?
- With which book character would you love to be besties and why?
- Which author would make you so starstruck that you couldn’t even utter a peep?
- Is there a book genre you’d never read and if „yes“ why?
- Imagine you’re a writer! Which kind of book would you write? (e.g. genre, tropes, characters, etc.)
- Which book/series would you love to see as a movie adaption?
- The best book you’ve read in 2020? (so far… I know the year is still young! 😉 )
- Do you prefer to borrow books from the library or do you buy them for your own shelves at home?
- Your favourite song? (At the moment, I know there are too many great songs out there. *lol*)
- If you could be a mytical creature which one would you like to be? (e.g. vampires, werewolves, mermaids, etc.)
This was a lot of fun but also kinda difficult! You’re definitely asking the right questions, Sabrina! *lol* 😛
@ everyone I tagged: I hope you guys will enjoy answering my questions! 😀 I always try to tag different people so I hope being tagged by me is okay for you! If you do this don’t forget to link back to me so I can read your answers, if you don’t do this it’s okay too! I just wanted to spread some bookish appreciation and love! 😉
The Sassy Library Fox