I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Brianna @ Biranna’s Books and Randomness back in May and I’m so sorry I’m only getting to it now. XD Thank you so much for the tag Brianna! If I keep up my snail pace you guys will read my summer tags in winter. Might be a nice change to all those seasonal tags though so *shrugs*. ;-P Anyway, let’s do the Award! XD
- Thanks the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post/or on your blog.
1. When did you learn to read?
2. What is one book you want to be turned into a movie/t.v. series?
I’d love to see „The Illuminae Files“ as a movie series! I’m sure it would be amazing! I mean the format already reads like some sort of screenplay and if they’d follow the books and wouldn’t deviate all too much from the plot or characters this would be great! Just to see all the action and those beloved characters on screen would be such an experience! 😀 It definitely would make for an awesome action movie!
3. What was your favourite book when you were a kid?
I think this might be a tie between „The Little Witch“ and „Fiery Frederica“. I loved both of them when I was a kid. What’s interesting is that both of the MCs were the odd ones out and sort of underdogs. Guess I always pulled for the outsiders, even as a child. *lol*
4. What book do you plan to read next?
Mhmm… Well it’s Halloween month and I might as well start with a spooky read. I don’t know if that qualifies as spooky but I heard great things about „The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle“ so I really want to get to this one soon. Also can anyone explain to me why it’s sometimes 7 and then 7 1/2 Deaths? *lol* I kinda stumbled over this and I have no idea why they changed the title of some copies to only 7. It’s kinda odd.
5. Who is one of your favourite bloggers or what is one of your favourite blogs?
Only one? ARGH!! I can’t just name one so I’ll name two, okay? Let’s bend the rules a little bit, I mean they are made for it after all, right? ;-P So there are two blogs I’ve been following closely and I must have read every single post of those two bloggers. Can you already guess? It’s Sabrina @ Note from A Paper Plane Nomad and Elli @ AceReader! I just love them and their content and I’ll never get tired of reading their blogs. ❤
6. What is one genre you absolutely hate?
There’s no genre I really hate but there are genres I rarely or as good as never read because I just can’t seem to get into them. I’m no huge fan of biographies, self-help, spiritual or religious books. Which is not to say that I never read them. I mean I read „The Holy Bible“ and some of the „…. for Dummies“ books but I usually read for entertainment and escapism and all those aforementioned genres can’t give me what I need.
7. If you could help one of your favorite authors write a book, who would you choose to write with?
8. Do you enjoy reading more in the morning or at night?
I used to do both when I was younger but nowadays I only read at night when my kid is sleeping. XD In the morning she’s way too active to even think about it. So for now the answer would be at night because I enjoy the silence! *lol*
9. How do you come up with creative ideas for blog posts?
At the strangest times and in the weirdest situations. I swear! XD That’s why I always carry a journal with me in which I can write my crazy thoughts. It’s something very personal and aside from my bestie (who only was allowed to take a peek at it 3 weeks ago and this for the very first time) no one ever was allowed to take a look into it. I guess that’s because I write a lot of things into it, also poem ideas, writing ideas, etc. Just everything that comes to mind. I always say it’s my brain. *lol*
10. What book did you hate having to read in school?
11. Which is better: Marvel or D.C.? (Please say Marvel!)
I really like Batman and Catwoman but they are the only two D.C. characters I like. So I think I’ll definitely go with Marvel here! They just have the better superheroes and therefore also the better stories! 😉
- Sabrina @ Notes From A Paper Plane Nomad
- Elli @Ace Reader (if you don’t want to do it again that’s okay, though. XD)
- Lia @ Chain of Novels
- Mayu @ Bookshelf Life
- Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm
- Anna @ Anna’s Book Nook
- Alexandra @ Reading By Starlight
- Iris @ Countless Words With Iris
- Mickey & Hollis @ A Take From Two Cities
- Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Book Reviews
- Alexia @ Right Writing Words
- 1. What was the first book that really got you into reading and why?
- 2. McDonalds or Burger King? (I’m always interested in that one. *lol*)
- 3. What is your least favourite book that got only one star or even less? (Of course I’d like to know the „why“ as well. 😉 )
- 4. Which bookish character is the most like you?
- 5. Your perfect breakfast?
- 6. Tell me something totally random about you!
- 7. If you could help one of your favorite authors write a book, who would you choose to write with? (going to steal that one because I loved it. XD)
- 8. I know we all have our reasons for starting a blog, but what motivates you to keep on writing?
- 9. What’s your favourite animal?
- 10. Do you collect anything aside from books?
- 11. And because it’s Halloween month: Is there something that truly scares you? (like spiders, or clowns, etc.)
This was such an interesting Award and I loved all of Brianna’s questions! So thank you once again for tagging me! I hope you had a lot of fun reading through my answers and I’m looking forward to read yours! As always you don’t have to do the tag, I’d love to see you doing it though. (No pressure, really. *lol* ;-P)
The Sassy Library Fox