I’m finally back from my holiday hiatus and hope you all had a lovely time as well. As always I ate too much (I swear my in-laws still confuse me with a Christmas goose *lol*) and now I’m making “Ula ula” like the food taster in “Asterix and Obelix: Mission Cleopatra”. Other than that I’m doing fine though. XD So I thought now that the end of the year is near I might as well write down my bookish New Year’s resolutions for 2019.
I guess by now you all know that I … (well, there’s no other way to say this nicely so I’ll just be blunt) suck big time when it comes to keeping my New Year’s resolutions. >_< At least up until now I was never able to keep my bookish goals but this time around I’m really determined to go through with it. Mainly because it’s back to work for me in January and reading is keeping me sane so that’s one hell of a good reason to stick to my reading plans for next year. 😉
This said, let’s head directly to the fun part!
My bookish New Year’s resolutions for 2019:
– Don’t read more than 3 books at the same time! (I always read at least 4 – 6 books in 2018 but I really need to get a grip on that. *lol* I won’t have as much time to read anymore so I should choose my books wisely in future. XD)
– Don’t add more than 300 books to my TBR pile. It are 302 at the moment, but I really want to get the number down to at least 275. This is going to be tough but I know I can handle it (if I really want to. ;-P) Less time to read also means less time to scroll through my goodreads feed and therefore less temptations, right? *lol*
– Read the books I already own!! (There are so many books in my bookshelves and they always give me the stink-eye when I borrow new books from the library or read on my e-reader. Sorry guys, I promise improvement! >_<)
– Don’t borrow more than 3 books from the library. (This should be doable… Really! I’ll just resist all those awesome lovely books… Ohh they are such beauties! *drools*)
– Stick to my TBR 2019!! Seriously, I make a list every year but I hardly stick to it. Out of the 60 books I wanted to read in 2018 I only read 28, which is at least almost half of all the books I wanted to read. (If I wouldn’t have exceeded my own expectations and wouldn’t have read a total of 109 books those 28 certainly would be even more awesome though. *lol*)
– Re-read some of my favourites! I get the feeling that I’ll need a lot of comfort reads in 2019 so I’m planning to re-read many series I read before I joined goodreads in 2017. I only started to write my reviews about 1 ½ years ago and there are still so many awesome books that deserve to get a proper review as well. 😉
For instance those five:
– Get 100 followers on my blog. XD Right now that seems to be a really hard goal to achieve but I’ll work on it and hopefully will reach it one day. If I ever make it to 150 I’ll not only freak out but also will make some sort of book raffle and will send the book to the winner! 😉 Haha! Hell, if I actually make it to 150 I’ll probably even write a personal
love letter to the person who wins said book! *lol*
– And last but not least, let my followers decide what I’m going to read. Yes, you read right, if you read this far you definitely deserve a treat! ;-P My book list for 2019 is almost done and I’m planning to read 40 books this year. (I’ll probably read more than that, at least I hope so, but I thought 40 will be a manageable amount of books, so 40 it is!) So far there are just 35 books on my list though and that’s exactly where your expertise comes in. Let me know which book I absolutely HAVE to read! XD Five spots are still empty and I’ll throw all your recommendations into a bowl and will pull out the winners. 😉 Just leave me a comment in this blog post and I’ll make sure to add your book recommendation into my bowl. The more the merrier! XD *crosses fingers and hopes this is going to work*
Anyway!! Enough about me!
What are YOUR reading goals for 2019? Do you have a book list like me or are you a mood reader and decide spontaneously? Which book releases are you looking forward to? Are you going to re-read some of your favourite series too?
Tell me and let me know! =)
The Sassy (curious) Library Fox