So What Exactly is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The ‚Mystery Blogger Award‘ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma (the creator of the award)
I have no idea why Surina @ Book Reviews by the Bloggisters thinks I deserve this Mystery Blogger Award (ingenious posts, my blog captivates and inspires?!! Are you sure you got the right person?! *lol*) but I’ll forever be thankful for that nomination! =)) To say this was unexpected would be putting it mildly! You are amazing and I hope you know that! ❤ Well, if not you definitely do it now, right?! ;-P
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Myself I Feel You Need to Know
- I’m a family person and love my slightly crazy family to bits and pieces! ❤
- I have a fascination for Gaelic and tend to give people Gaelic nicknames. ;-P
- Mhmm what else? I need my coffee to function properly. I swear a morning without coffee is no good morning at all. *lol*
What is your favorite book and why? (I’ll give cookies to anyone who says Six of Crows!)
Am I supposed to say “Six of Crows” now? XD (Come to the dark side, we’ve got cookies? *lol*) Well, it’s definitely one of my favourite books but if I had to decide for just one book (that’s such a cruel question btw because seriously, how can a book worm only have one favourite book? *lol*) I’d decide for “The Picture of Dorian Gray”. As to the why: It was the first book I read that completely blew me away. The characters are so amazing and complex that I couldn’t help but fall in love with them and gosh Dorian Gray… I just love his ruthless innocence. You’ll have to read the book in order to find out what I’m talking about but I’m sure it will be worth it. 😉
Why did you decide to start blogging?
That’s a really good question and there were many reasons that brought me to this point of my life. I always loved to read but for some reason it never occurred to me to actually write about my reading experiences. Well, at least not until I joined goodreads about 1 ½ years ago and saw the amazing reviews of other people. I was always very passionate about books so I decided to give it a go and to write about the books I read. To be entirely honest I never would have thought that people would actually enjoy what I write. I’m still blown away by the sheer amount of friends and people who like my reviews on goodreads. Their support is just incredible! ❤ As to the why I finally started a blog? I’ve toyed with the idea for a year now but wasn’t sure if people would be interested in it. Well, they are (obviously) but that’s still not the final reason I started to make my own blog. That one is so simple it probably will make you laugh. Are you ready? Okay, here I go: I hated it that I always blew up the word limit on goodreads and could never write down everything I wanted to say. *lol* I definitely don’t have that problem on my own blog now! ;-P
What is the weirdest combination of food you’ve ever eaten? (This is supposed to be the weird and funny question. Keyword: supposed to.)
Mhmm… I had to think hard about that one but I’m pretty sure it might have been a pizza my sister and I once created. XD We wanted something different and savoury so we decided for weird toppings. In the end we ate pizza with tomato sauce, cheese, ham, salami, cranberries and pears. And before you ask: YES, it was good! =)))
What is number one on your bucket list?
Phew… that’s a really tough question. I think it might be a trip to Australia and New Zealand. It’s really unlikely that I’ll ever get there but I wanted to see it ever since I turned 13. We had an exchange teacher who came from there and whenever we had some spare time he told us about his home. He lived in Australia but he also visited New Zealand quite often and his stories were so vivid and wonderful I wanted to see those places too. Let’s hope I’ll manage to get there one day! =)
What is one thing that irks you to no end?
Injustice. I swear nothing gets me as angry as that. I just can’t stand it! No matter if it happens in a book or in real life I can’t help but want to set it right. XD Guess that’s the hidden Gryffindor in me?! *lol*
My Three Best Posts
That’s kinda tough because I just started to blog but I’ll still try my best. 😉
The People I Nominate
- Hamad @The book prescription
- Lyn @ Lyn *Nomadic_Worlds
- may @ My 1st Chapter
- Uzma @littlethoughtsfromtornpages
- Sarah @ Sarah’s Bookshelves
- Kacey @ Tales of a Bibliophile
- Iris @ Hoard of Books (one more good reason to come back in January!!! ;-P)
- Brianna @ Brianna the Bookworm
- Kristina @ Kristina Reads
- Karen @ Karen Writes
- Who is your favourite book side character? (I know we all have them! XD)
- A quote you love and know by heart?
- What is the most amazing place you’ve ever been to?
- If you could jump right into a movie or book and act as a character in there which one would it be? (That’s supposed to be the weird question… >_<)
- What’s your idea of a perfect day? (I’m already curious about the answers to that one! *lol*)
I hope you’ll enjoy answering my questions and I can’t wait to read what you’ll write! =) And once again: Thank you so much for nominating me Surina!!! ❤ You are the best! XD